Tomato variety “Visibly invisible”: description of the variety, especially planting, cultivation and care
Sometimes with the names themselves it becomes clear that a particular variety of vegetables has special characteristics and properties. This also applies to the tomato variety. Visibly invisible. The name is impressive in its scope and gives hope to the gardener who decided to grow these tomatoes, that his efforts will be more than rewarded with a plentiful harvest.
Characteristics and description of tomatoes
The variety apparently and invisibly received life thanks to breeders from Siberia in the early 2000s. But these tomatoes were not entered into the State Register. But this does not underestimate their advantages, which allowed tomatoes to be grown since 2008 almost throughout the country.
Important! On soils of different composition, sometimes pink or red tomatoes can ripen from the same seeds. Visibly invisible.
Tomatoes are apparently invisibly characterized by a number of features:
- suitable for growing both in greenhouse conditions and in open areas;
- high-yielding variety, its yield from one plant to 5 kg;
- on one stem, up to 16 fruits can be formed;
- the fruits are pink in color;
- Tomatoes are large in size up to 300 g;
- the fruits are roundish, their smooth skin is dense, not prone to cracking;
- early ripening grade;
- plants are stunted, the first brushes appear above the 4th leaf;
- growth of tomatoes when grown in greenhouses reaches 1 m in height, on open ground - up to 60 cm;
- the variety is resistant to fungal diseases;
- are formed into 1 stalk, require pinching and garter;
- no more than 3-4 plants are planted per 1 m² of area;
- in open ground, the variety is more productive than in greenhouse conditions.
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
- Variety Visibly invisibly has a number of positive features:
- collected fruits do not lose their original properties during prolonged storage;
- tomatoes do not lose their presentation during transportation;
- stunted plants allows them to grow in various conditions;
- high level of productivity;
- resistance to harmful microorganisms;
- extended, long-term fruiting period;
- suitable for workpieces, both in general and in processed form;
- obtaining seeds from grown tomatoes, since the variety is not hybrid.
- There are also several disadvantages associated with the cultivation of tomatoes. Visibly invisible:
- the need to observe a number of nuances when organizing irrigation, since the variety is quite capricious in this regard, does not tolerate both drought and excessive moisture;
- some gardeners note not very high taste characteristics of tomatoes;
- the need for the formation and pinching of bushes;
- plants need systematic top dressing.
Did you know? Not only chocolate, but also tomatoes contain the “hormone of happiness”. Eating tomatoes can revitalize and fill with colors the most dull day.
Planting and growing tomatoes
Tomatoes Apparently and invisibly belong to varieties with a high level of productivity. But only with the correct sowing of seeds, the proper conduct of preparatory procedures, the thorough preparation and planting of seedlings in the soil, according to the recommendations, conscientious care of the plants until the harvest, it becomes possible to obtain the maximum result.
Optimal conditions for growing
Optimal conditions must be created for growing tomatoes visibly and invisibly:
- temperature conditions are necessary at the level of +20 ... + 25 ° С;
- the place where the tomatoes are located must have good lighting, but constant exposure to the scorching rays of the sun is not permissible;
- humidity should not be high, but insufficient level of this indicator will adversely affect tomatoes, optimally - 60–80%.
When growing tomatoes in a polycarbonate greenhouse, all these conditions must also be observed, but an important factor in the healthy development of plants in greenhouse conditions is the constant access of air, which is facilitated by ventilation without the formation of drafts. Also, such air procedures will help to avoid the creation of condensate and conditions of high humidity, which are undesirable for tomatoes.
Also, determinant tomatoes include such varieties as:
In order to get an excellent tomato crop at the exit. Apparently invisible, you need to pay special attention to seed processing at the very early stage. First of all, they should be tested for suitability. To do this, you need to lower the seeds in saline, keep them there for a quarter of an hour. Rinse specimens that have sunk to the bottom, rinse with running water, and dry. They are suitable for sowing.Further, the seed should undergo a disinfection procedure in a solution of potassium permanganate for 15 minutes, after which it should again be washed and dried. The procedure for hardening seeds in the refrigerator will help to avoid many problems with diseases in the future. It lasts several days. Many gardeners before sowing seeds, germinate them. To do this, the seeds selected for cultivation are placed in a damp cloth and placed in a warm place. Sprouted specimens are ready for planting on seedlings.
Preparation also requires the soil in which they plan to sow the seeds. It should be properly prepared and consist of chernozem, sand, humus fertilizer, fed with mineral fertilizers. Before placing the seed, the soil must be decontaminated with a mild potassium permanganate solution and moistened.
Sowing seeds for seedlings should be with the onset of spring. Suitable for this:
- wooden drawers;
- plastic containers;
- plastic dishes;
- peat cups.
Shallow grooves are formed in the prepared soil mixture and seeds are sown 1–1.5 cm deep. After that, irrigation is carried out from the spray gun. The container is covered with a film to create a greenhouse effect and the speedy germination of grains, after which it is determined in a warm and shaded place.About a week later, the process of seed germination begins, after which the film should be removed, and placed in a well-lit. After removing the shelter, the seedlings require watering as the soil dries.
Planting seedlings in a permanent place
Before planting seedlings in a permanent place, about a week and a half after the sprouts appear, you need to pick the plants. The readiness for picking is indicated by the appearance on the seedlings of a pair of leaflets. Plants dive into separate cups or other suitable containers, moisturize using a spray gun. After 60 days, the seedlings are ready for transplantation to a permanent place of cultivation.
Important! When conducting a pick, you need to less than touch the plants with your hands, it is better to take them by a clod of earth near the roots.
When determining the timing of planting seedlings, you need to take into account the place where it will grow:
- in greenhouse conditions, plants can be planted from the beginning to mid-May;
- in open soil under a temporary film cover - from mid-May to the end of the month;
- to a completely open area - at the beginning of summer.
First of all, you need to prepare the soil, for this, humus is added to the ground at the rate of 5-6 kg per 1 m² of area. Soil needs mineral top dressing based on nitrogen, potash, phosphorus and other trace elements.Pits for planting seedlings are created at a distance of 30 to 40 cm from each other so that no more than 3-4 bushes grow on 1 m² of area.In each well, you can pour a tablespoon of ash, and then pour water in them to moisturize. After the liquid is absorbed into the soil, the seedlings are determined. It should be carefully removed from the cups without breaking the earthen lump around the roots. Each plant is deepened, sprinkled with earth, slightly tamping. It will be useful to mulch seedlings with peat.
Important! If the seedlings managed to grow before it was planted in a permanent place, then you should remove a few leaves at the bottom of the stem and, when planting, deepen it to the remaining growing leaf.
Tomato care “Visibly Invisible” implies the same basic rules as for other tomato varieties: top dressing, watering, plant formation, pinching, loosening the soil, removing weeds.
Top dressing and watering
The first top dressing of seedlings is carried out half a month after planting at a constant place of cultivation. Fertilize the plants with urea, it is also possible to use complex fertilizing solutions "Solution", "Universal" and others. The next time, tomatoes are fed when fruit brushes are tied. This procedure requires top dressing based on phosphorus and potassium. They are bred for 1 tbsp. l in 10 liters of water.During ripening and fruit collection, tomatoes are fed with magnesium-based fertilizers. As for the irrigation process, the variety is quite capricious in terms of moisture: it is afraid of both an excessive amount of moisture and its lack. Diseases, wilting, insufficient ripening of fruits are the consequences of unbalanced hydration of these tomatoes.
Important! At each feeding, you must not forget to water.
Shrub formation and pinching
Tomatoes Apparently invisibly require the formation of bushes. It is better to do this in 1 stalk, which will help to avoid small and slowly ripening fruits, which will not be enough nutrients. Side stepsons, reaching sizes from 5 to 10 cm, are removed. Although the variety is determinant, it requires mandatory pinching. Remove newly appeared stepsons should be with systematic regularity.
Tomatoes Visibly invisible loosening is necessary no less than watering and top dressing. It is this procedure that helps provide the root system with oxygen and the access of beneficial nutrients. Loosening the soil should begin almost after planting the plants at a permanent place of cultivation. At the same time, loosening should be deep enough until the root system has grown and there is no threat of damage. As the plants grow and strengthen, they need to be loosened shallow.
Did you know? The systematic eating of tomatoes in any form will help significantly reduce the risk of oncology, facilitate the course of menopause, and reduce nervous and psychological stress.
Possible growing difficulties
Tomatoes Apparently and invisibly enjoy well-deserved popularity, but nuances are possible during their cultivation, compliance with which creates additional difficulties. Efforts from the gardener require operations to form, pinch and garter bushes. Although the variety is considered undersized, but all these procedures are necessary for the harmonious development of plants and their fruits.With systematic cultivation, one should also not forget about weeding and the complete removal of weeds from the plot, which interfere with the full development of tomatoes and contribute to the entry of pests on tomato bushes. Although the variety is apparently invisible and has a fairly high resistance to various diseases and pests, but like all tomatoes, it still can not always resist some threats:
- bacterial black spotting;
- vertex rot;
- gnawing scoop;
- Solanum miner.
Therefore, in order to prevent and control infections and pests, it is necessary:
- before sowing, be sure to disinfect the seeds;
- adhere to balanced watering;
- treat bushes with ash solution at the rate of 100 g per 10 l of water;
- apply calcium nitrate at the rate of 5 g per 1 liter of water;
- carry out treatment against bacterial black spotting with the biologically active substance Fitolavin-300 or Bordeaux mixture;
- when the first signs of damage appear, remove infected areas, and in a more serious condition - completely eliminate the plant;
- use "Fosbetsid" to control whitefly at the rate of 1.5 ml per bucket of water, which spray the bushes with;
- to prevent the appearance of a biting scoop, spray the plants with the biological product “Arrow”, and collect the specimens that appear manually;
- treat against harmful flies with insecticides (Fosbetsidom, Karbofos).
Did you know? Two glasses of tomato juice per day - and human immunity at the proper level, thanks to the daily intake of vitamins C and A.
Harvesting and storage
Since the variety Visibly invisibly has a fairly long fruiting time, tomatoes can be harvested for almost the entire growing season. Tomatoes grown in greenhouse conditions are able to delight their fruits until October.The collection of tomatoes of this variety does not require special attention and attention, since the fruits are quite hardy, not prone to rapid damage. But still, when collecting them, they should immediately be identified in wooden boxes. Tomatoes can be stored for quite some time. They do not lose their presentation in transit.
Variety Visibly invisibly enjoys well-deserved attention and respect among vegetable growers. Subject to all the very simple recommendations, he is able to please an abundant tasty crop. If you are not afraid of some of the nuances in caring for it, you will definitely have a desire to grow tomatoes Apparently invisible for the next year.