Processing tomato furatsilinom from phytophthora: basic rules, solution preparation
Growing vegetables, everyone sooner or later encounters all kinds of pests and methods of dealing with them. To combat pathogenic microorganisms, furatsilin is used - a broad-spectrum antibacterial agent that is available in each medicine cabinet. About the basic rules for processing tomato furatsilinom from late blight read in this review.
Symptoms and causes of the disease
Late blight is a common fungal disease of plants that can destroy the entire crop in a few days. Timely processing can fully protect your crop from death.
The main signs of phytophthora development include:
- fast-spreading brown and gray-brown spots on leaves and stems;
- white fluffy coating, which can be found on the back of the sheet;
- deformation and dark spots on the fruit;
- rotting of the fruit part with the release of a sharp unpleasant odor.
Did you know? Every year, from 1845 to 1849, late blight almost destroyed the potato crop, which led to starvation in many European countries (especially Ireland).
- close planting with potatoes, which is also sensitive to spores;
- lack of ventilation between the stands, caused by their density;
- excessive watering during the ripening phase of the fruit;
- excess nitrogen;
- lack of minerals in the soil (potassium, copper, iodine, manganese).
A competent approach to planting in combination with fertilizing the soil will avoid such an unpleasant phenomenon.
Is it possible to process tomatoes with furatsilinom
There are a lot of pest control agents, and do not underestimate the simple means from the first-aid kit. These include furatsilin, which can process tomatoes.
Many gardeners use this drug due to a number of positive qualities.
- Among them:
- affordable price;
- safe for humans;
- long shelf life of the finished solution;
- compatible with other drugs;
- suitable for prevention and treatment;
- the solution can be prepared immediately for the entire season.
Furacilin is classified as a safe and effective means to combat late blight.
- Rather, it is considered an inconvenience, and not a minus:
- processing three times during the plant period: before flowering, during the ovary, and when green tomatoes hang on the bushes.
One thing remains: do not forget to treat the bushes with furatsilin in each period.
How many times and when is it best to process tomatoes with furacilin
When processing it is important to consider the growing season of the plant. Systematization of the processing process will forever forget about the defeat of plants late blight. Spraying is carried out according to the scheme indicated above (see the "Cons" section).
How to prepare a solution for processing tomatoes
The instruction for preparing the solution is quite simple, does not require special efforts and additional funds. And due to its high bactericidal properties, it is prepared immediately for the whole season and stored in a dark, cool place.
For processing using an aqueous solution: 10 tablets per 10 liters of water. The number of ingredients can be increased (depending on the size of the cultivated area).
Step by step cooking instructions
The technique is quite simple. Preparing the solution is easy.
Grind the drug into powder
Put the tablets in a container and grind to a powdery state. It is better to use ceramic, glass or wooden utensils (to avoid unwanted chemical reactions).Using the drug in this form ensures complete dissolution of the fractions in water.
Prepare a concentrated solution
At this stage, pour the mixture into a small amount of warm water and stir until the solids are completely dissolved.
Dilute the tool
Pour the prepared concentrated solution into a large container with 10 liters of water and mix the contents. Everything is ready to use. The liquid remaining after processing is placed in a dark, cool place. This will save all the valuable properties and use it throughout the season.
Important! To prepare the solution, water with a low chlorine content is used.
How to process tomatoes
Dry, calm weather is perfect for treating tomatoes so that the preparation gets directly onto the bushes themselves. It is not recommended to spray plants before or immediately the rain field, then all manipulations will be in vain.
Carry out the procedure as follows:
- The solution is prepared following the instructions and observing all proportions;
- Plant treatment time - morning before sunrise;
- Spray the bush from all sides.
The success of the procedure largely depends on how you are going to treat the disease, so it is important to follow all of the above recommendations.
How to treat a greenhouse with furacilin
The fight against the problem must be approached comprehensively.
Maintenance work in greenhouses is carried out as follows:
- After the harvest, all parts of the plants are burned, leaving no additional breeding ground for microorganisms;
- Using special means, the frame is washed;
- By spraying the solution, the entire area is treated;
- Replace the topsoil.
In many cases, the disease can be prevented by following simple tips:
- do not plant tomatoes in the ground after potatoes;
- with a high content of lime in the soil, add peat, sand, compost;
- do not forget to ventilate the greenhouse;
- tear off leaves on tomatoes, creating natural ventilation of plantings;
- spraying with drugs should be carried out regularly;
- do not water the bushes during the manifestation of the disease;
- refuse to use several means at the same time.
In the pursuit of plant health, we should not forget about our own safety:
- carry out handling in protective equipment (respirator, goggles, gloves, rubber boots);
- after spraying, wash your whole body with soap;
- the fruits must be washed well before use.
Getting a good harvest is quite simple, observing all agrotechnical standards for planting and growing vegetables. Do not forget about the regular prevention of diseases, preventing their manifestation. The regularity and consistency of such events is the key to a healthy garden.
And furatsilin in combination with your observance of safety precautions will help get rid of plants from late blight.