Egg shells: benefits and harms to human health
Often people throw garbage or food debris into the garbage that can be invaluable to your health. So, in most cases, it happens with eggshells. We do not think or do not know its value and get rid of the useful hard part. But, according to studies, it is able to replace many expensive drugs and help with a number of diseases.
The chemical composition of the eggshell
The benefits of a hard egg shell have been known since time immemorial. People observed that the animals completely eat it, for example, during a raid on a chicken coop or if they just find it. Shells were added to water and food by many healers.
With the development of science, scientists were able to learn all about the composition of the shell from a chemical point of view. So, its main component is calcium, or rather its bicarbonate.What is contained in the hard shell of an egg looks like this:
|Calcium and Magnesium Phosphate||0,8|
As can be seen from the above data, the calcium content in the product exceeds ninety percent. It should also be noted that this is its easily digestible form, that is, it has already been converted into organic from inorganic.
In addition to the main components, the egg shell contains about thirty micro and macro elements that the body needs.
The main ones are shown in the table below:
|The name of a micro or macro element||Amount in one hundred grams|
|Iron||2800 and more mcg|
The strength of the shell often depends on the size of the egg, as a rule, the smaller it is, the thinner it is.
Benefit and harm
Easily digestible calcium, contained in the hard shell of an egg, is needed by almost all organs and systems of the body.
So, the benefit of consumption is to eliminate its lack in the body, which contributes to:
- improving the condition of the skin, nails, hair;
- improving bone growth and proper functioning of the muscle corset;
- reducing or eliminating problems with the musculoskeletal system, pain in the joints, bones, osteoporosis;
- proper heart function;
- purification of blood and increase its coagulability;
- cataract prevention;
- increase immunity;
- treatment of rickets, diathesis and anemia in children;
- relieve symptoms of constipation;
- reduction of pain in women during menstruation;
- increased tone of the uterine muscles;
- the formation of a healthy musculoskeletal and muscular system in the fetus during pregnancy;
- alignment of the emotional background;
- restoration of sexual function;
- fatigue reduction after strong physical exertion;
- reduce the likelihood of seizures and numbness in different parts of the body.
- dizziness, nausea, vomiting;
- impaired appetite;
- constipation and abdominal pain;
- disturbances in the work of the heart;
- cramps in the lower extremities, especially in the calf;
- general weakness;
- renal failure;
- mental ailments, hallucinations.
Important! During heat treatment, the useful substances of the hard shell of the egg are stored in full.
Indications and contraindications
For the human body to function properly, a proper calcium balance is needed. Some cases suggest the addition of this element to the daily diet for the early stabilization of the disease state.
Egg shells are indicated for:
- dysfunctions of the musculoskeletal system and muscle skeleton;
- lack of calcium in children;
- problems with teeth, gums, hair;
- diseases of the nervous system and heart;
- pain during menstruation;
- increased content in the body of harmful substances, including radionuclides;
- with frequent cramps and numbness of the limbs;
- diseases of the stomach;
- disorders in the intestines;
- oncological diseases, accompanied by metabolic disorders;
- elevated levels of vitamin D in the body;
- chronic bowel disease;
- ulcer and gastritis in acute or chronic stages;
- arrhythmia, hypertension, serious heart disease;
- bowel obstruction.
Did you know? Every year, the inhabitants of our planet consume about six hundred billion eggs.
Preparing the shell for use
The shell of quail eggs is considered the most useful; the shell of the chicken egg is in second place in all respects. In order to prepare easily digestible calcium at home, it does not take a lot of effort and time. Only shells and water are needed.
A step-by-step technology for manufacturing calcium powder is as follows:
- To clean eggs with a brush of possible dirt.
- Remove the inner film from the shell.
- To boil water.
- Dip the shell in water and boil for five minutes.
- Remove the shell and dry in the oven at a temperature of about one hundred degrees.
- Can be dried outdoors for several days.
- Grind to a powder state.
You can cook it like this:
- In one liter of liquid add the egg shell, which equals approximately a teaspoon.
- After the powder settles, water can be drunk.
Important! The shell should not be crushed in metal containers. From this, its beneficial properties deteriorate.
How to use
The amount of shell powder to be taken per day depends on human age and the general condition of the body. Each category of calcium is also needed depending on the projected daily requirement.
Easily digestible calcium is indicated to a child from a very young age. After all, it primarily contributes to the formation of a healthy skeleton and bone growth. Depending on age, children need from 0.3 to 0.8 grams of calcium per day.
So, for very small ones, namely from six months to a year, you need to give crushed powder in a dose of a tenth of a teaspoon or as much as fits on the tip of a knife. When a child is from one to three years old, this portion is doubled. In the period from three to seven years, you can give up to half a teaspoon per day.
It is preferable to give the powder to children during the morning feeding, adding it to water, juice, porridge.
Children of middle and senior school age need from one to two grams of calcium per day. This equates to about half or two third of a teaspoon. During adolescence, the element is necessary for adolescents, since there is an increased development of the muscular and bone skeleton. It is enough to take a dose of powder once a day during breakfast.
Healthy adults from twenty-five to fifty-five years old need only one or a little more chopped eggshells per day, namely from 1.2 to 1.5 grams. It is better to eat during breakfast with a small amount of liquid or food.
For older people after fifty-five years, pregnant women and women in the menopause, the daily dose of calcium increases from 1.5 grams to 2.5. It can be divided into two doses, a little less than a teaspoon in the morning and evening.
Did you know? Eggs cannot be stored in airtight containers, as there are seventeen thousand tiny pores on the surface of their shells.
In acute diseases and fractures, the body needs more calcium than for prevention. For the most common cases, an appropriate dosage and number of doses of crushed eggshells have been developed.
For fractures of any complexity, the use of easily assimilated calcium is recommended from the moment of onset of the disease until complete recovery. As a rule, the powder is taken three times a day during meals. A teaspoon of it is added to tea, water, other food.
Excretion of kidney stones
To combat kidney stones, it is recommended to take up to ten grams of egg shell powder per day. So advises an old book with medical recipes. It is important to add it to red grape wine. It is also desirable that the shell be from the egg from which the chicken has just been born.
It is processed as described previously.
Atopic dermatitis in children
When a child’s skeleton and muscle tissue grow intensively, a disease such as atopic dermatitis can occur. In simple words, this is an allergic reaction of the body. It can be caused by new products, the general condition of the body.
Sometimes antihistamines are powerless in this situation, but the eggshell, according to reviews, helps a lot.
Depending on age, the child needs to be given it in the following quantities:
- up to a year - on the tip of a teaspoon;
- from a year to three - half a teaspoon;
- after three years - a full teaspoon.
Be sure to monitor the condition of the child's body and consult a doctor.
Stomach pain and heartburn
Chronic pain in the stomach and heartburn are recommended to be treated with egg shells for six months. The recipe is quite simple: daily use two teaspoons of powder for breakfast, which are added to half a glass of milk.
The crushed eggshell helps with various violations of the skin. It can be all kinds of wounds, scratches, burns. Simply put the product on the affected area and fix it with a bandage. You can walk with her for several hours.
The benefits of crushed eggshells are obvious and have long been scientifically proven. It can replace expensive drugs in the treatment of many diseases. Also, its use is useful for the overall strengthening of the body. It is especially important to take this supplement for pregnant women, the elderly and those whose work is associated with harmful working conditions.