Uheiliuy: description of the breed of chickens, their maintenance and care
There are many breeds of chickens in the world. They differ not only in the color of the skin and feathers, but also in egg production. The hens of the Uheiliju (Lacedanzi) breed are no exception. What is the peculiarity of such a variety of birds, what are the conditions of their maintenance, this article will tell.
This variety is produced in a natural way. The first notes about it date back to 1368-1644.
There are a number of facts that suggest that Uheilui was on the verge of extinction. But several centuries later, three representatives of the breed were found in China - one male and 2 females. This event happened in 1980.
Did you know? There is another name for the bird - "Lu Kadan Ji", which means «5 black and 1 green» ( the color of the skin, cover, meat and skeleton of the chicken is black, and the egg is of a unique green hue).
Uheilui is considered a unique type of chickens in China, so they are listed in the Red Book and protected by the state. Uheiliyuy cover of black color with a subtle greenish tint. The color of the head and comb is purple.It is common for the breed to lay green eggs. Egg weight does not exceed forty-eight grams. Large squirrels and saturated yolks are placed in a green shell. The egg of this poultry – easily digestible by the human body product.
Egg protein includes:
- vitamins (A, B, E);
- much more amino acids than in eggs of other breeds.
The use of eggs of Lacedanzi has a good effect on the human body and helps in the treatment of such diseases:
- thyroid cancer;
- hormonal disruptions.
- helps to increase immunity;
- affects the growth of children;
- reduces the percentage of cholesterol in the blood;
- stops cell aging;
- regulates the hormonal background;
- prevents dry skin;
- positively affects the circulatory system.
do you know you? In 1996, China patented the production of green eggs.
Uheyilyuy belong to the exotic species of birds. The exterior is rather unusual and stands out among other breeds.
The table below shows the parameters of Lacedanzi chicken:
|Head||Medium size. On it are a comb, catkins, beak, eyes. The head of roosters is larger than the head of a female. Earrings and earlobes are purple.|
|Crest||It has a leaf shape. It consists of five to six protrusions, slightly larger in size than other breeds.|
|Beak||Slightly bent, sharp.|
|Chest||V-shaped, wide, with roosters slightly larger than that of hens, has a well-built body.|
|Wings||Long, well developed.|
|Paws||Strong, medium size, gray|
|Plumage and color||A dense ball of feathers and fluff covers the entire body of the bird, except for the beak and limbs. The color of the feathers is black, with a slight shade of green. Roosters are brighter than hens.|
Lacedanzi - balanced animals. They are friendly to a person and require the same in relation to themselves. Like other breeds, they tend to be afraid of loud sounds and sudden movements.
Did you know? Roosters guard the hens when they feel the danger to the livestock.
Advantages and disadvantages of content
As in the case of other breeds of chickens, the content of Uheilui has both advantages and disadvantages.
- Content Benefits:
- non-conflict of this species in relation to other breeds;
- average egg production;
- quick adaptation to new conditions;
- persistent immunity to various diseases.
- There are few disadvantages, but they are available:
- cost of brood;
- reduced egg laying in the second year of life;
- run wild in the absence of socialization.
Growing and caring for Lacedanzi at home
Growing this breed is not difficult. In addition, chickens are able to hatch eggs from other breeds.There must be several roosters in the herd of Uheiluil breed. Taking care of them is as easy as taking care of other birds.
Conditions of detention
Lacedanzi needs to provide decent, comfortable care.
To preserve the health and livelihoods of livestock, it is required:
- build a warm chicken coop;
- exclude any manifestation of drafts;
- periodically clean the chicken coop;
- build a patio for walking.
The basis of the content of any animal is a room for their sleep and feeding. In the chicken coop, which will be populated by birds, there should be a heater, because Lakedanzi can not tolerate cold.
Important! The critical temperature for finding chickens on the street is -2° C.
Therefore, housing needs to be insulated. By warming the walls, ceiling, floors, as well as installing double frames, you can keep the heat in the room. In winter, use heaters or a home-made heating system using batteries filled with warm water. It is necessary to exclude all possible drafts (this can be done by warming the chicken coop as inside and out).The temperature of the "home" should be 16-18 °, humidity should be about 60-70%. To avoid high humidity, it is necessary to install a high-quality ventilation system. Lighting directly affects the number of eggs that the breed will carry. The best substitute for natural light - LED lamps. They have light regulation and are well suited for these birds.
Like other types of chickens, the Uheiluyu breed requires additional territory for grazing in the fresh air. To do this, you need to build a walking yard near the chicken coop.
Since Lacedanzi can easily fly over a 2-meter-high fence, it is better to make a walking area with a cover. The fence can be made of metal or wood, but there should be no defects on the material. Equip the chicken coop with a separate door that will lead to a walking yard. On its territory can be perched.
Feeding troughs and drinking bowls
Efficient and timely nutrition is the key to productivity and health.This breed of birds suitable bunker and floor feeders. Drinking bowls are better to choose automatic, which will allow you to constantly supply birds with clean water. Water must always be clean and fresh.
Feeding Adult Chickens
Adult chickens need to be fed two to three times a day.
Find out also
Feeding ration should include:
- supplements in the form of vitamins.
It is also necessary to mix and alternate food with other crops.
Attention: alternate, but do not mix several types of feed; this will adversely affect the health and egg production of the bird.
Add carrots, chopped chalk, and egg shells to the feed.
Important! Uheilui mYou can only feed eggshells from boiled eggs. You cannot give waste from raw ones, as the chicken will start to eat its eggs.
Shedding and egg laying break
Shedding is a natural process, which consists in the fact that the bird replaces the old cover with a new one, due to the fact that the chickens mature (or by changing the season).
It is common for the Uheiliuy breed to pass several types of molting, as well as ordinary types of chickens, namely:
- Primary. It lasts three to four months. It is characteristic only for chicks.
- Seasonal. Occurs when the season changes. Improves feathers to make the chicken feel comfortable in any season.
Herd replacement planned
Lakedanzi chicken is a rare specimen of farm birds. The average life expectancy is 7-8 years. They rarely kill her because of meat, but they keep her for healthy eggs and future offspring, whose cost in the market is quite high.
Features of growing chickens
Breeding of chickens of this breed practically does not differ from the process of procreation in other chickens.
Did you know? At birth, chickens have a gray-ash color.
For babies to be healthy, it is necessary:
- timely inject the vaccine to the entire herd;
- monitor the temperature in the place where the kids sleep and eat;
- eliminate drafts;
- in your daily diet should be vitamins and clean water.
Uhheilyuy are picky about their food choices. They eat a little, prefer soft grades of feed. In winter, food is heated by adding warm broth.
Possible diseases and solutions
Lakedanzi chickens, like other farm birds, can get sick.The most common diseases among chickens of this breed are:
- Infectious. These include smallpox, typhoid, Newcastle disease, salmonellosis. The main symptoms are lethargy, increased thirst and high fever. Treated with penicillin.
- Non-infectious. Mainly provoked by poor nutrition or poor-quality food. Diseases of this type - gastroenteritis, cloacite, goiter atony (only in laying hens), keratoconjunctivitis, vitamin deficiency. The chicken coop is sanitized. Change the animal’s feed by adding nutrients, vitamins and herbs. If necessary, they drip their eyes with a decoction of chamomile, and with goiter inflammation, with vegetable oil and remove excess formations.
- Oviductal inflammation. A disease is dangerous because it often entails death. It develops as a result of hitting a heavy object.
- Ingestion of sharp indigestible particles. Chicken can swallow a sharp stone or bone during feeding. For the prevention of chickens graze in a carefully cleaned area.
- Frostbite of limbs. In the cold season, the chicken may freeze. First of all, the crest of the chicken and legs is supercooled. To warm the animal, you need to grind the frozen areas with snow and grease with iodine.
- Internal parasites. These include worms that provoke an upset stomach in birds. The treatment is carried out by the veterinary drug "Flubenvet" for seven days.
- Outdoor parasites (lice, ticks and down-and-eaters). They infect not only the skin of the bird, but also the chicken coop with nests. They bite the bird and feed on its blood. In order to get rid of pests, you need to treat the chicken coop with solutions of chlorophos and karbofos. To prevent ticks and lice from starting, you often need to change the straw in the places where the chickens roost.
Uheyilyuy is a beautiful breed of chickens. The medicinal properties of their eggs and the unusual color are known. And the poultry breeder will please with undemanding food and persistent immunity.