Is it possible to drink raw chicken eggs: benefits and harms, recommendations for use
Chicken eggs - one of the most affordable, healthy and simple products that is present daily in the diet separately or as part of other dishes. Many people love to drink raw eggs and find them beneficial for the body. Read about this in the review.
Composition of Chicken Eggs
The product is formed by the reproductive system of chicken and consists of yolk and protein.
|Protein (%)||Yolk (%)|
Protein is 58% of the weight of the product. At the same time, the longer the product lies, the less protein becomes - it dries out due to air exchange with the environment.
Eggs differ from most products in that they contain a complete complex of vitamins and minerals. Due to this, they are indispensable in ensuring the normal functioning of the body.
They include (in% of the daily norm):
- Vitamin A (19);
- riboflavin (42);
- pantothenic acid (28);
- Vitamin B12 (46);
- choline (60);
- phosphorus (25);
- zinc (11);
- Vitamin D (15).
Did you know? If you drink raw eggs, only half the protein is absorbed. In order for the body to fully absorb it, the product must be consumed in boiled form.
The benefits and harms of raw eggs
The answer to the question whether raw eggs can be drunk is positive. Since in the wild they are a treat for all animals. It can also be answered in the affirmative whether they are useful. It is an ideal food that gradually contains all biologically active substances. What are eggs useful for?
- Among the benefits of their use, it can be noted that:
- protein helps to build muscle and maintain performance;
- B vitamins support the brain, improve memory, the state of the nervous system;
- metabolism and metabolism improves;
- an excellent source of choline, which is necessary for building cell membranes;
- cells are supplied with the necessary energy for active life;
- the risk of cardiovascular disease is reduced;
- the work of the organs of vision is supported;
- healthy skin condition is maintained and body tissue breakdown is prevented;
- the work of the immune system is enhanced.
The overall quality of the protein is evaluated using three different criteria: amino acid composition, amino acid bioavailability, and digestibility.Of the 21 amino acids necessary for the body, they will deliver 9 into your body, and precisely those that are not found in other products.
- What is the danger of eggs:
- consumed in raw form, can lead to infection with salmonellosis;
- high cholesterol - 212 mg with a daily norm of 300 mg.
Eggs are a wonderful source:
- squirrel - its only 12 g, but it is a protein of very high quality;
- gland - it is necessary for blood formation processes;
- cholesterol - kids and adolescents need foods high in fat and cholesterol - this helps their body develop;
It is a source of vitamin D that prevents rickets, helps protect bones, and also the immune system’s best friend. So the body will receive all the important vitamins and minerals, enhance metabolism, improve immunity, thereby reducing the risk of disease.
Important! Egg white can be a source of allergies. Talk to your pediatrician before injecting an egg into your baby’s diet. For those who do not have allergies, it is still necessary to gradually introduce a new product into the diet.
They are the most perfect source of protein, therefore they are useful for men in building muscle and manual workers. Promote rapid recovery of the body after intense physical activity.
Due to its composition, they maintain a feeling of satiety and charge the body with energy for the whole day. This quality is ensured by the loading dose of the B vitamins contained here.
The rich composition of nutrients ensures the functioning of the cardiovascular system. In particular, a large amount of betaine and choline. A recent large-scale study in China found that consuming 1 egg a day would reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, the intake of a sufficient amount of choline is especially important, since it is necessary for the normal development of the baby's brain.
They are recommended to eat for breakfast to provide the body with energy, and dietitians include in the composition of various diets, including those aimed at losing weight. This effect occurs because they saturate well. And their low calorie content prevents the accumulation of excess weight.
It is not recommended to use with the following diseases:
- Some people are allergic to egg whites. If eating egg white can cause allergic reactions such as a rash, swelling, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, wheezing, coughing and sneezing, you should not eat eggs.
- Persons diagnosed with biotin deficiency (Vitamin H). It can be the cause of skin diseases, seborrheic dermatitis, impaired coordination of movements, seizures. Egg white is able to remove biotin from the body, thereby exacerbating the human condition.
- Persons suffering from kidney disease. Excess protein can lead to exacerbation of disease.
Did you know? Only 1 out of every 20,000 can contain bacteria. Thus, the probability that an egg is infected with salmonellosis is 0.005%. At the household level, this means that the consumer can meet an infected instance 1 time in 84 years.
Features of eating raw eggs
To bring maximum benefits to the body, it is recommended:
- raw is only if they are from healthy chickens;
- use only fresh copies;
- wash the shell before use;
- it is desirable that the product was in the morning menu (for better assimilation);
- children under 7 years old should be given only heat-treated eggs.
How many eggs can I drink per day?
For many years, it was believed that the number of eggs in the diet should be limited due to the high cholesterol content and the potential association with the risk of heart disease. Nevertheless, recent studies show that cholesterol, which enters the body along with food, has very little effect on the amount of cholesterol in the body.
Consumption 1 pc. per day corresponds to a healthy diet and is unlikely to have a significant impact on the risk of developing diseases among healthy men and women. The recommended amount is from 1 to 3 pieces per day.
However, some studies show that eating 5 or more eggs per week can have adverse health effects, including an increased risk of heart failure in men or breast cancer in women. Nevertheless, there is no exact data to confirm this fact.
How to choose a fresh egg
Rules for choosing the right eggs:
- They should be stored in special refrigerated cabinets at a temperature not exceeding +7 ° C. This prevents the development of salmonella. Therefore, buy only chilled products.
- Choose those whose shell is clean and without cracks. Salmonella may be on the shell, but inside it penetrates only through cracks.
- Pay attention to the marking. The letter D (dietary) indicates that the product is demolished during this week and is of the highest quality. C (canteens) means that it is demolished within a month. It can be consumed in cooking, but it is not advisable to drink it raw.
Important! The shell has about 17 thousand tiny pores through which the product can absorb odors. Therefore, it must be stored separately from other products, closed from other odors.
Salmonella can affect chickens that are kept in unsanitary conditions. As a preventive measure, it is recommended to treat the shell with soapy water before use.
General rules for use:
- refrigerate before use;
- drink only undamaged clean specimens;
- wash before use;
- include in the morning.
Raw Egg Cocktail Recipes
Protein is the main building block of muscle mass. Therefore, protein shakes have many useful properties and advantages:
- can replace a full breakfast;
- provide a feeling of satiety;
- give the body energy and strength;
- are a source of vitamins and minerals.
To get a boost of energy and provide the body with a full breakfast, you can prepare a morning protein shake. It also helps to get rid of headaches and relieve stress.
- a glass of milk;
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 20 g of honey;
- 100 g low-fat cottage cheese;
- 60 g of oatmeal.
Did you know? Chickens of the Araucan breed carry eggs of blue and green color. It is believed that this color appeared as a result of infection with an unknown bacterium about 500 years ago. This led to changes that entrenched at the genetic level.
Weight gain cocktail
To increase muscle mass and gain weight, you need to make the previous version of the cocktail more high-calorie. Such a drink will be useful to those who need to restore the body after hard physical labor.
- a glass of sour cream;
- 1 egg
- 1 orange (juice);
- 0.5 lemon (juice);
- 20 g of honey or jam;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil.